So here go the ingredients:
- 1.5 cups of cake flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 10g cocoa (about 1/8 cup)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 113g butter (at room temperature)
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- red food colouring
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (Celsius).
- Set aside a 12-cup cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy and white.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each one is added.
- Add red food colouring to the milk until the milk is bright red.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk.
- Then spoon the batter into the cupcake liners. They should be about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean
I need to make 15 cupcakes for the dinner- so I just spread the batter a little further. This turned out to work just fine- lucky me. They took about 25 minutes in my oven. The trick to keeping cupcakes moist is to cover them with a cloth the second they come out the oven.
The cream cheese icing is the absolute winner with these cupcakes.
- 85g butter (at room temperature)
- 110g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk, depending on the consistency you want
- Cream the cream cheese with a mixer for about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and beat until the two are combined into a smooth mixture.
- Add the brown sugar and mix it in.
- Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, mixing after each cup.
- Add milk according to your preference.
- Ice your cupcakes and EAT THEM 🙂